“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's the little things...

Last Sunday I got a new stove! Let me rephrase that - a new-to-me transitional stove. It is a loaner from IS Housing. I wish I had taken a before and after picture so you could really understand why I'm excited about a new loaner stove.

The one that was in our house when we moved in - also a loaner - is pretty small, only one gas burner worked (I also had 2 electric burners), the oven knob was upside down and had single digit numbers (I never knew to what temp I was setting the oven), I could only use the bottom rack or tops of whatever I was baking would burn, and it only fit very small cooking sheets which meant I could only cook 6 cookies at a time! Imagine that!

This stove is much larger, the oven actually has a temp dial and a heat location indicator (bottom, top, or both) and it has an ignition button! No more matches!

The reason I call it a transitional stove is that we will be purchasing our own new stove soon. We have already gone stove shopping and picked one out. We had have to stagger our large appliance purchases because they're pretty expensive!

Another reason I may be so excited about this stove is that my stove & oven at home is from the 50's!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the stove! I know how wonderful it is to have something sorta new. God is so gracious! love, Jill

    ReplyDelete